interesting device full issue on jail host machine

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Wed Jun 29 17:39:57 GMT 2005

Gruss

On Jun 29, 2005, at 3:03 AM, Björn König wrote:

> Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
>

>> [...]
>> pid 80941 (tcsh), uid 5051 inumber 166876 on /local/jails/jail1:
>> filesystem full
>> [...] Is the "inumber 166876" an inode inside the filesystem?   Or
>> what does it refer to?
>>

> It is an inode number of the filesystem that has been mounted to /
> local/jails/jail1. Inodes in a filesystem are uniqe, but each
> filesystem holds its own inode numbers that have nothing to do with
> inode numbers of an other filesystem.

yes, the word inumber was strange; instead of inode or inode number
-- hence the question.

>> [...]
>> My interesting issue is that on ssh login to OTHER JAILS on
>> other / dev/md type filesystems, that had nothing to do with that
>> jail or  filesystem, login was prevented as the login process
>> would print a  similar message  to the one above in the login
>> window over and over  and over and would never complete login.
>>

> That sounds weird. Have you checked the output of 'df -ih' at the
> host? I like to see it.

Yes.  I have fixed the issue so the currrent results are not the same
as they were but they are close

/dev/md2250                                                1.6G
1.5G     11M    99%    7828   227690    3%   /local/jails/jail1

Before it was like 1.6G    1.6G    -704k  100%  with very similar
inode results

thanks!!
best regards
MfG