mysql user did not authenticate by courier-imap

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Wed Jun 29 13:40:14 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 29 June 2005 14:12, Muhammad Kashif Yaqoob wrote:
>  I am working on postfix Mailserver at freebsd.and install the courier Imap
> (courier-imap-4.0.2,1) and courier-authlib-0.55 in the system.and also
> Configuration the setting of courier-imap with mysql.When i authenticate
> the mysql pop user  with courier-imap.

I saw your question the first time. I answered it. Simply reposting your query
(three times in succession) does *not* make me inclined to help you any more.

However, I will repeat again what you need to know:

1. Make sure you are running courier-imap-4.x with courier-authlib-0.5x. If
you are not, then upgrade. If you built from ports, then upgrade your ports
collection first if you need to. Follow the instructions in the FreeBSD
handbook to do that.

2. Next, follow the instructions for debugging courier authentication here:
http://www.courier-mta.org/authlib/README.authdebug.html
Make sure you implement the part which tells you to make sure you are logging
syslog messages at 'debug' level. Under FreeBSD these messages usually end up
in /var/log/debug.log

3. You will get detailled information in those logs showing exactly how the
mysql connection is made, the query sent, and the response returned.

4. When you have all of that, post here again. Until then, please ask someone
else for help (or pay a consultant to help you)

Brian.

P.S. There is also good advice at
If the answer you got before was in any way incomplete or not understandable,
then say what you tried, what was missing, or what you didn't understand. If
you just blindly repost, you can expect a blunt rebuttal.