How Can I Clean Up Files That Don't Exist?

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Wed Jun 29 05:17:03 GMT 2005

On Jun 28, 2005, at 9:35 PM, Nikolas Britton wrote:

> It looks, i'm not sure, like they're not vaild file names.

They appear like valid filenames to me (and like the names you get
with courier for messages)

The issue is that tar is getting a file list and then the user is
downloading (POP) or deleting or changing the status of a message
(like reading it -- the filename itself encodes the read, deleted,
etc status of a message) before tar actually archives it.  Or
something like that.  The file system is changing out from underneath
the OP.

make a snapshot first if this is an issue.

Chad