Small HTTPD + PHP4

Grant freebsdlists at thingysrealm.myftp.org
Tue Jun 28 01:19:28 GMT 2005

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone has tried out some small httpd's, the one i'm
interested in at the moment is lighttpd, it seems pretty good for basic
HTML and images.

The problem i have is that i cant get PHP4 to work with it, i've set up
my config like this for php.

-<snip from lighttpd.conf>-

fastcgi.server = ( ".php" =>
( "localhost" =>
(
 "socket" => "/tmp/php-fastcgi.socket",
  "bin-path" => "/usr/local/bin/php"
		)
	)
)

-</snip from lighttpd.conf>-

I'm not sure if that has wrapped quite right, but it does show the
details.

The one thing i have noticed is when playing with lighttpd on my debian
box i had the bin-path set to /usr/bin/php-cgi but with freebsd i cant
find php-cgi on my box nor can i find anything about php-cgi on freebsd.

I dont know if this is the right choice for me, but all i really want is
a small simple and fast httpd for running a php forum and thats about
it.. nothing else.

I currently have apache1.33+ssl installed as well as php4 with the most
common extensions. (ftp, mysql, openssl and a few others)

What i would really like is to have is a small httpd to run just the
forum and apache to do anything else, i dont know if that is possible if
not, i dont mind moving from apache if the alternative has php that
works ;)

So if anyone has any recommendations other than lighttpd, or have some
nice guides to getting php4 on some small http's including lighttpd
please point me to them :)

Thanks in advance
From Grant.