Vinum & GVinum Recommendations

Mac Mason mac at cs.hmc.edu
Mon Jun 27 19:04:11 GMT 2005

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 11:57:15AM -0700, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> I'd appreciate hearing of your experiences with vinum, gvinum, and ccd,
> especially as they relate to firewire devices.

In my experience, vinum doesn't play well with GEOM, and gvinum isn't
anywhere near feature-complete. (I haven't looked at gvinum in a while;
it has probably improved greatly)

On the other hand, using GEOM itself has worked quite well; I use
gmirror to mirror /usr, and gconcat to string a collection of drives
together. Both have worked flawlessly since I set them up.

    --Mac