Apache2 + mod_python problems

Chad Morland cmorland at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 16:19:00 GMT 2005

I am having problems getting mod_python and apache2 ports to work properly.

Here are the relevant ports that I have installed:
apache-2.0.54
mod_python-3.1.4_1
python-2.4.1_1

When I try and start apache I get the following:

pxetest# apachectl start
Syntax error on line 276 of /usr/local/etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_python.so into server:
/usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_python.so: Undefined symbol
"pthread_attr_init"

Line 276 is the mod_python LoadModule line. I've changed my LogLevel
to debug but nothing is printed in the error_log.

Thanks in advance for the help!

-CM