clamav build link error (reference to gethostbyname_r)

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.net
Wed Jun 22 15:46:44 GMT 2005

I just updated my ports and found that clamav was due for upgrade.
Problem is it won't build because of a gethostbyname_r reference.

During the configuration stage, it seems to find a gethostbyname_r:
checking for gethostbyname_r... yes, and it takes 5 arguments

I can't find any reference to gethostbyname_r in the manpages, except
for the LWRES_GETHOSTENT(3) manpage.  I don't think this is what it
refers to, since lwres_gethostbyname_r() takes 4 arguments, not 5.

Regardless, the build fails here:
cc -O -pipe -pthread -o .libs/clamav-milter cfgparser.o getopt.o memory.o misc.o clamav-milter.o -pthread  -L/usr/local/lib ../libclamav/.libs/libclamav.so -lldap -lbz2 -lgmp -lcurl -lidn -lssl -lcrypto -lz -lmilter -pthread -lwrap -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
clamav-milter.o(.text+0x5708): In function `clamfi_gethostbyname':
: undefined reference to `gethostbyname_r'
*** Error code 1

Anyone have any idea why the configuration is finding gethostbyname_r()
when it's not there?

BTW, I'm running on 5.4 RELEASE-p1

TIA
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)

Crenna's Law of Political Accountability:
  If you are the first to know about something bad, you are going to be
  held responsible for acting on it, regardless of your formal duties.