virecover and sendmail scripts hanging

David LeCount snailboy1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 12:51:10 GMT 2005

Ahoy. For a while now (several years in fact), my
virecover and sendmail startup scripts will hang while
booting. I'm forced to hit ctrl c to continue the
bootup. Then I can run the scripts afterwards from a
terminal and they work fine. I've looked into the
problem a few times, but found nothing. All I know is
that sometimes when my network topology changes and I
change things in rc.conf, it starts working, but then
I have to change it again later and it starts hanging
again. I'm thinking it has to do with natd or named or
something. I hate to change rc.conf lines one at a
time and reboot. That would be a lot of reboots.
Anyway, I'd appreciate a little insight on this.