-DNOPROFILE with make buildworld...

Harrison Peter CSA BIRKENHEAD peter.harrison at dwp.gsi.gov.uk
Wed Jun 22 10:46:10 GMT 2005

[snip]

>> Most of the apps I'm running have been compiled from ports against
>> the stock 5.3-RELEASE libraries. Are the stock libraries profiling or
>> not?
>
>No.
>
>> Would I have had to explicitly set an option to compile ports to
>> link against profiling libraries?
>
>Yes.
>
>> Is it therefore a reasonable
>> assumption that if I didn't specifically make any binaries profiling,
>> then they'll be not-profiling?
>
>Yes.

OK, I'm clear on that now. Thanks for the response.

Peter Harrison

>--
><Insert your favourite quote here.>
>Erik Trulsson
>ertr1013 at student.uu.se
>
>PLEASE NOTE: THE ABOVE MESSAGE WAS RECEIVED FROM THE INTERNET.
>
>On entering the GSi, this email was scanned for viruses by the
>Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service
>supplied exclusively by Energis in partnership with MessageLabs.
>
>Please see
>http://www.gsi.gov.uk/main/notices/information/gsi-003-2002.pdf
 for further details.

In case of problems, please call your organisational IT helpdesk

This document is strictly confidential and is intended only for use by the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or other
action taken in reliance of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
Any views expressed by the sender of this message are not necessarily those of the Department
for Work and Pensions.
If you have received this transmission in error, please use the reply function to tell us
and then permanently delete what you have received.
Please note: Incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are routinely monitored for compliance
with our policy on the use of electronic communications.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Energis in partnership with MessageLabs.

On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free