cloning with nfs?

Dick Hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Wed Jun 22 06:40:32 GMT 2005

Yesterday I ruined my partition table on one of my machines.
Luckely this machine was almost an exact copy of another that still is
running fine.

So, I can follow the procedure of copying one disk to another (following
the handbook). But this requires a fysical removal / action on the
machines and harddisks witch I don't want to do if not needed.

I did a minimal install on the crashed machine (#B)
If disk'cloning' can be done through NFS that'll be the way to go for
me.
Will it be enough to export /var /usr /tmp and / (#B) to mountpoints on
machine #A and then follow the 'normal' dump/restore procedure mentioned
in the handbook?
Or are there side_effects and will fysical placement of the 'new' drive
in machine #A be the right way to do it?

Thanks for any advice.

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11-stable ++ FreeBSD 5.4