Xorg installation fails

Simon Ulfsbecker ulfsbecker at swipnet.se
Wed Jun 22 00:46:16 GMT 2005

Hi readers,

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions as to why my Xorg installation
fails.
Xorg.0.log file can be fetched at:

http://hem.bredband.net/simulf/Xorg.0.log

During standard installation of freeBSD 5.4 my logitech USB 3 button mouse
fails to be detected, but when doing a post install mouse configuration the
pointer shows up and can be moved around when testing the mouse deamon.
Still, my mouse pointer is reported as missing when running Xorg -config
xorg.conf.new after that.
Using a USB to PS/2-adapter might do the trick, but adhering to moore's law,
my motherboard (Asus p4p800 deluxe) can't handle a PS/2 mouse for some odd
reason. My box won't boot and the monitor wont power on having anything
plugged into the PS/2 port (!).

Some errors are also reported for my ATI Radeon 9800 pro GFX adapter, but I
think it's the non present pointer device that is hindering me from doing an
Xorg -config.

I'm out of clues...

Best regards,

Simon