Sshd problem

Casey Scott casey at phantombsd.org
Tue Jun 21 07:33:13 GMT 2005

Unfortunately, sshd remains bound to the IP it had when it started. This isn't
an issue with FBSD, but with OpenSSH. I see this all the time on other
UNIX/Linux boxes. A possible solution to it in the future would be to issue a
HUP to sshd using "nohup".

e.g.  root at host# nohup ifconfig xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;
killall -HUP sshd

Hope that helps

Casey