OT: usage of split

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Mon Jun 20 16:11:47 GMT 2005

Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

>	xaa, xab, ...		Chunks of the original file that can fit
>				in 1.4MB floppies (does anyone use these
>				anymore?)

A Linux boot floppy saved out bacon just last week, and it's still the
easiest way to flash a BIOS; Partition Magic still insists on using
floppies for backing up partition tables.  So sadly, yes, I still use
floppies.  I wouldn't trust a backup to one, though, and my free
collection of worthless NT installation floppies generally just gathers
dust  :-)

--Alex