cvsup command problem

Muhammad Kashif Yaqoob mkyaqoob2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 13:59:32 GMT 2005

Dear sir,

 I had already read the freebsd cvsup documentation
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html#CVSUP-MIRRORS

 then i have apply this command in the freebsd.I will test it  on so many mirror that are in the cvsup document .I tested this below command

When i run this below command in freebsd 5.3

>    # cvsup -g -L 2 -h cvsup.uk.freebsd.org     /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile

    could not connect to the site mirror.

    ------------------------------------

   parsing supfile "/usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile"

    connecting to cvsup.uk.freebsd.org

    cannot connect to cvsup.uk.freebsd.org: connection refused

    will retry at 23:15:30

Best Regard,
Muhammad kashif

Alistair Sutton <alistair.sutton at gmail.com> wrote:On 20/06/05, Muhammad Kashif Yaqoob wrote:

> parsing supfile "/usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile"
>
> connecting to cvsup.uk.freebsd.org
>
> cannot connect to cvsup.uk.freebsd.org: connection refused
>
> will retry at 23:15:30

I don't think that particular server is functioning anymore. It used
to take you to a web page when viewed in a browser but it now directs
you straight to a plig.org mirror.

I suggest you read the handbook and find a different mirror. I used to
use the cvsup.ie.freebsd.org one which was quite reliable.

Al
--
LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/users/everlone
GPG/PGP: http://www.no-dns-yet.org.uk/~everlone/pubkey.gpg