Odd ATI + Xorg behavior

Yuri van Overmeeren Yuri.vanOvermeeren at reston.demon.nl
Sun Jun 19 20:17:52 GMT 2005

John Jawed wrote:

>I've spent about 3 days trying everything I could think of getting my setup
>to work. I have 3 monitors, one CRT, and 2 LCD's. The 2 LCD's are hooked
>into my AGP ATI Radeon 9800 PRO via the DVI and CRT slots. My CRT is hooked
>up via my Nvidia 440 PCI card.
>
>What I was hoping to achieve was one desktop that spanned all three screens.
>I am having issues with the LCD's on my ATI card. Basically, they end up
>looking like this:
>
>http://www.johnjawed.com/abstract/Screenshot-1.png
>
>Now, I know it is not a hardware issue, because in Windows, there is no
>distortion or artifacting. Here is my xorg.conf as well:
>
>http://www.johnjawed.com/abstract/xorg.conf
>
>Regards,
>john

The screenshot looks like a memory problem, since it's not hardware it
could be a bug in the driver (something's writing to wrong mem
locations/corrupting it?)

Xorg.conf seems ok, have you tried using only Ati dual displays and not
using the nvidia card/driver, maybe we can narrow it down to a problem
between the two drivers.

good luck :)

yuri