hardware crypto questions

D. Goss lists at dylangoss.com
Sat Jun 18 17:57:51 GMT 2005

I have an option to get a PCI crypto card based on the Broadcom
BCM5820 chipset.  I see the card is still listed as current at
Broadcom's site and that it is supported via the ubsec(4) driver in
FreeBSD.

Does anyone know a few of the various common and current crypto
cards?  I am having a hard time finding any benchmarks or comparisons
of various cards and can't tell what to expect from this hardware.

Also, can someone point me to a utility or method of benchmarking
before/after this card (software vs. hardware) specifically for SSL
transactions? (Card is intended to go into server doing some HTTPS
commerce transactions.)  Server is almost-current dual 2.8Ghz dual
core x386 machine.

Thanks you -
d.