Subversion upgrade problems (1.1.3 to 1.2.0)

Ron Gilbert lists at rzweb.com
Fri Jun 17 15:08:41 GMT 2005

I have been running subversion 1.1.3 for about a month with no
problems.  I just upgraded to 1.2.0 and now I can't connect the the
server anymore.  I am using svnserve on FreeBSD 5.4.

When I try and connect, I get:

svn: Can't connect to host 'xxxxxx.net': Connection refused

I have tried connecting from my XP machine and from the local machine
and I get the same error.  I can connect from the local machine using
file://.  I have tried creating a new repository and a new project to
make sure it is not a compatibility issue with my 1.1.3 repositories,
but I get the same error.  I've tried anon-access as well as
auth-access with the same results.

I have verified that the server is running (via ps).  I can't see any
place that svnserve is writing error logs.  I am starting svnserve via:

svnserve -d -r /home/svn/repository

I've tried running svnserve using --foreground and nothing is printed
to the screen.

I sounds like the connection is never even getting to svnserve.  Did
something change from 1.1.3?  Port?  Nothing has changed on the
machine.  It was working.  I upgraded (using ports) and now it doesn't
work.

Any suggestions?

Ron