Postfix on BSD

Jim Trigg jtrigg at spamcop.net
Thu Jun 16 16:43:45 GMT 2005

On Thu, June 16, 2005 12:06 pm, Bart Silverstrim said:
> On Jun 16, 2005, at 12:00 PM, Ean Kingston wrote:
>> On June 16, 2005 11:54 am, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
>>> body_checks = regexp:/usr/local/etc/postfix/body_checks
>>>
>>> in main.cf.  The file contains:
>>> ********
>>> # Will this stop RR collateral damage messages?
>>> /^* This e-mail was sent from a Road Runner IP address. As part of our
>>> continuing initiative to stop the spread of malicious viruses, Road
>>> Runner scans all outbound e-mail attachments./       REJECT Possible
>>> automated RoadRunner mail scanning collateral damage. Eliminate the
>>> notifying text and resend message.

> Also the asterisk in "/^* This e-mail was sent from a Road Runner IP
> address." has been removed now...a warning was appearing in the
> maillog.  No longer gives warning, but still lets the m ail through.

I don't know about the rest of the issue (though I suspect that the
problem is that in the original message the text is not being sent as a
single line), but what you need here is "/^\*" -- you need to match the
asterisk, since it's in the original message.  Without the backslash, you
have an improperly formed regular expression since there is no character
for the wildcard to apply to.

Jim
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-   /"\
Hostmaster, Huie Kin family website        \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN