POWERVAULT 705n

Jean-Paul Natola jnatola at familycareintl.org
Thu Jun 16 14:13:15 GMT 2005

Hi Everyone,

In need of desperate help here,

I have a Powervault on our network , Dell informs me that since its NOT
windows powered I have basically no specific control , auditing etcc,,

A network folder was deleted from the NAS yesterday, and I have no way of
determining who did it.

I know it's a *nix  kernel.

Also there are files there that , when we want to delete (MAC files often) it
says access denied.

Ideally , set permissions (i.e.  can read , write, change, NOT delete), also
audit to see who did what when , and delete those "access denied" files-

I'm sure if I can get into it through a shell? Or root?  This would be
possible??? Maybe???

Any help would be great

Jean-Paul Natola
Network Administrator