divx encoding vob files

ltsampros at upnet.gr ltsampros at upnet.gr
Thu Jun 16 12:10:31 GMT 2005

> i've been looking how to encode vob files into divx avi files, and
> without fail following any of the howto's i google resulted in failure.
>
> i have mencoder installed, vobcopy. i have the vob files and they play
> perfectly. what do i need to execute to convert them into mpeg4 avi files?

I've used mencoder for converting vobs to mpeg4 and reencoding their audio
tracks to mp3/ogg following these two tutorials/guides:

http://axljab.homelinux.org/Mencoder_DVD_to_MPEG-4
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/encoding-tips.txt

While the first one is focusing on the commands without any technical
explanation , the second one provides several details about mpeg4
encoding.