XFree86 port broke for Matrox G550

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Thu Jun 16 10:35:48 GMT 2005

Steve Friedrich wrote:

> I just cvsupped and used portupgrade for XFree86.  I portupgraded imake
> first, then went thru each XFree86 component.
>
> I've been using a XFConfig file, but when I got this error, I tried startx
> -autoconfig
>
> When I startx, I get:
>
> (EE) Failed to load module "fbdev" (module does not exist, 0)
> Required symbol MGASetDisplayStart from module
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mg a_drv.o is unresolved!
> Required symbol MGASetDisplayStart from module
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mg a_drv.o is unresolved!
> Fatal server error:
> Some required symbols were unresolved

Try this: grab these two files:

http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/xfree/mga/patch-HALlib_bindings.c
http://www.ijs.si/~lesi/xfree/mga/patch-mga_driver.c

Put them both in files directory of XFree86-4-Server port
(/usr/ports/x11-servers/XFree86-4-Server/files) and recompile and reinstall
XFree86-4-Server port. Your XF86Config file from before should work fine.
Are you perhaps using x11-servers/mga_hal?

Dejan