Apache logging?

Jeff Wirth jeff.wirth at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 20:11:35 GMT 2005

> Anyone here know how to get Apache to log in GMT when the system clock
> is in local time?  I can't imagine this being "impossible"...but I

you didn't mention what version of apache...

1.3.* -> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/logs.html#accesslog

[10/Oct/2000:13:55:36 -0700]  (%t)
    The time that the server finished processing the request. The format is:

        [day/month/year:hour:minute:second zone]
        day = 2*digit
        month = 3*letter
        year = 4*digit
        hour = 2*digit
        minute = 2*digit
        second = 2*digit
        zone = (`+' | `-') 4*digit

    It is possible to have the time displayed in another format by
specifying %{format}t in the log format string, where format is as in
strftime(3) from the C standard library.

-jeff