PPP Dialin Server Problem - > Can you help me?

baijumb baijumb at emirates.net.ae
Tue Jun 14 12:49:30 GMT 2005

Dear Sir,

I have PPPDial-In Server communication problem. Can you give me an guideline where I missed or doing wrong ?

Linux Ver.                                 : Read Hat (rel.11) Fedora Linux 2

Client Pc Operating System        : XP Professional

SERVER IP ADDRESS              : 192.168.10.10

MY COMPUTER IP                    : 192.168.10.30

BOTH COMPUTER I CREATED USER ( LINUX SERVER & XP CLIENT)

USER NAME                             : TESTER

PASSWORD                             :TESTUSER

My modem in server is com1 = ttyS0

1. Edited /etc/inittab add one extra line

S1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mgetty ttyS0

init q

2. Edited /etc/options/

auth -chap +pap login modem crtscts debug proxyarp

lock

ms-dns 192.168.10.10     -> IT IS SERVER COMPUTER IP ?

3. Created new file under /etc/ppp/ options.ttyS0

192.168.10.10:192.168.10.30

( SERVER IP FIRST : CLIENT IP ADDRESS)

[ here I doing any wrong ?]

4. Edited /etc/mgetty+sendfax/login.config

/AutoPPP/  -         -     /usr/sbin/pppd

5. add new line /etc/ppp/pap-secrets

tester    *           testuser                        192.168.10.30

( user name * password  client ip address)

6. Given permission

chmod u+s /usr/sbin/pppd

7. Changed /etc/passwd

tester:x:500:500:PPP Dialin:/etc/:/usr/sbin/pppd

Rebooted after all changes and trying to connect from my client pc.

When authentication time it is disconnecting and xp pc showing blow message

Disconnected !

Error 619: A Connection to the remote computer could not be established, So the port used for this

connection was closed.

Your Help Highly Appreciated.

Regards,

M.B.BAIJU