Makefile question

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Mon Jun 13 17:42:51 GMT 2005

In the last episode (Jun 13), Gábor Kövesdán said:
> I'm trying to make a new port, but the software I'm porting has an
> awkward configure script, and when I run ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
> then every file goes to directly to /usr/local not to /usr/local/bin,
> /usr/local/etc, ...

Maybe the problem is not the configure script but the Makefile install
target.  Check to see what the generated Makefile looks like.  It's
possible that it uses gnumake syntax, in which case you may need
USE_GMAKE=yes in the port Makefile.  Or, if it doesn't install many
files, you can just provide a do-install: target in your port Makefile
and install the files yourself.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com