error when trying to install mysql 4.1.12.

Christian Astrup Bakke christian at asba.no
Sat Jun 11 11:29:17 GMT 2005

Julien Gabel wrote:

>>>Yes it is, in particular since i saw this post yesterday at:
>>> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2005/05/10/0018.html
>>>It seems not to be the case here, though.
>>>
>>>Maybe can you try to upgrade it one more time with a fresh ports tree,
>>>using the -r and -R options of portupgrade just to try to reinstall all
>>>those packages depending on and required by mysql41-server?
>

>>since i uninstalled mysql yesterday, i would presume i'm not able to
>>upgrade or such using portupgrade. too bad i deinstalled it before
>>trying with -R option (i only tried -arv).
>

> You can reinstall it using one of the following:
>  # portinstall -rR mysql41-server
>  # portupgrade -rRN mysql41-server

all of these commands give me what i expected (since i deinstalled it
and ran 'make clean' yesterday):

** No such installed package or port: mysql41-server

>>i'll try installing it with WITH_LINUXTHREADS=yes USE_GNU_READLINE=yes
>>together just for the fun of it.
>

> I don't know about linuxthreads on 4.X, but GNU readline is a dependancy
> if FreeBSD version is <5.  Furthermore, i don't think USE_GNU_READLINE is
> a valid build option in the ports tree.  Nevertheless, you can try:
>  # portinstall -rR -m 'WITH_LINUXTHREADS=yes' mysql41-server

as the commands above, the command you suggested gave me:

** No such installed package or port: mysql41-server

this is all quite strange as i didn't tweak my old 4.1.11 installation
at all. wouldn't this give many users the same problem? i'm running a
generic kernel with patches provided/installed by security/freebsd-update/.

-- christian at asba dot no