PCI Firewire cards that work with 5.4R ??

Bob Johnson bob89 at bobj.org
Sat Jun 11 02:11:07 GMT 2005

I need to find a PCI FireWire card that will work with FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE.
It will be easiest for me to purchase something from Best Buy, which pretty
much limits me to either a Dynex DX-FC103, or an Adaptec AFW-4300CS.

The Dynex card uses an Agere FW323-06 Firewire chip, which is not listed as
supported by the fwohci driver.  I can't tell what chipset the Adaptec card
uses: it has an Adaptec paper label on it.

Can anyone tell me if either of these cards will work with 5.4-RELEASE, or
recommend another inexpensive PCI Firewire card?

Thanks,

- Bob