Heimdal Kerberos with LDAP support

fandino fandino at ng.fadesa.es
Fri Jun 10 07:41:36 GMT 2005

Denis Lemire wrote:
> I would like to setup Heimdal Kerberos and use OpenLDAP to store its database.
>
> Too my knowledge the kerberos installation in the base of FreeBSD 5.4
> does not support LDAP. I could install from ports but then I end up
> with two kerberos installations which is sure to give me a headache
> somewhere down the line.
>
> How can I replace the Kerberos installation in the base with the one
> from ports with LDAP support?

there was a related thread the past week.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2005-June/023760.html

the problem seems be that there isn't an official position regarding
to how to resolve conflicts between programs that are present in the
base system and in ports, anyway you can find some workarounds if
you read the whole thread.