on demand virus scanning of XP share

dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Thu Jun 9 16:29:02 GMT 2005

Hello,
    I've got clamav installed on a 5.4 box and i'm trying to use it to do
demand scanning of a windows XP machine. I'm atempting to mount the system's
C$ share, but although it shows up in the listing of smbclient -L
//SystemName -N atempting to mount it via mount_smbfs
mount_smbfs //user at SystemName/C$ /mnt
produces either a timeout error or an address not found message depending on
whether the -N option is used. Is this possible what i'm atempting to do?
Thanks.
Dave.