Editing the boot menu

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Wed Jun 8 21:12:46 GMT 2005

--On Wednesday, June 08, 2005 17:42:44 -0300 José de Paula Rodrigues
<espinafre at gmail.com> wrote:

>> From what I gather, these labels come straight from /boot/boot0, not
> from boot0cfg. Looking at the boot0 source code (found at
> /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/boot0/boot0.S), you can see that the OS options
> are hard-coded into the boot0 program, so there is no way to edit that
> other than by changing the source code and recompiling.

 I see that now.  Thanks for pointing that out.

> Did you try using Grub instead? It now supports UFS2, and is a great
> bootloader, with lots of features. You can find it in your ports tree.

It's not that big of an issue.  It's just my workstation, and I know what
?? means.  I was just being anal.  I like to straighten out twisted phone
cords too.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas