ATI Cards...

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 8 15:11:04 GMT 2005

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 04:29:55AM +0000, mojo fms wrote:
> I have a machine i just switched from Wiindows to Freebsd... This is
> the second Fbsd machine i have setup but the first with an ATI card..
> I want to do some gaming on it and i was wondering where i could find
> drivers that will work with Fbsd. I am using the ATI 9600XT AGP 128M
> card.. Thanks

According to the manual page radeon(4x), the standard radeon driver that
comes with Xorg 6.8.2 should work. But there is no 3D accelleration,
i.e. DRI is not supported.

You should have something like the following in /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

       Section "Device"
         Identifier "devname"
         Driver "radeon"
       EndSection