what is the init entrance for pci bus scan in FREEbsd?

kylin fierykylin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 04:12:29 GMT 2005

sir :
it is a great pleasure to get ur reply .thank you very much for your words

below is my appinion , i will report with the advance of my work

On 6/6/05, M. Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at here.  First, devd
> already provides 95% of the infrastructure to do things when devices
> are added to the system.
sorry ,i ignore it!! it is really a lite tool:) ,but it seems that
/dev/devctl does not present the function to write to the devctl,then
I think it is impossible to  give order to disable or enable the pci
slots without making changes.
static struct cdevsw dev_cdevsw = {
	.d_version =	D_VERSION,
	.d_flags =	D_NEEDGIANT,
	.d_open =	devopen,
	.d_close =	devclose,
	.d_read =	devread,
	.d_ioctl =	devioctl,
	.d_poll =	devpoll,
	.d_name =	"devctl",
	.d_maj =	CDEV_MAJOR,
};

 i need the function to cooperated with the hardware to detect the
present of  card ,and  enumerate the bus , and add it to the bus ,
then it is devd that should come into play( like the sbin/hotplug in
linux?):)
> Second, you assume that linux's way of doing things is how FreeBSD
> does things.  This isn't the case. FreeBSD scans the bus at pci bus
> attach time and adds chilren nodes that it finds.  In the Cardbus
> case, it will add nodes as the card bus bridge tells us of children,
> and then probe/attaches them.
i mean the enumeration  way . and the trickes to talk with the hotplug bridge.
BTW pci_init()  is the start point for PCI enumeration in linux. The
way to add the device to the lists

 > Finally, you should send me your work for review.  I've been keen on
> expanding pci bus support for a long time and would be happy to review
> such changes.

> BTW, Which chipsets and hotplugging methods do you support?
i will begin with the fake way here ,then give support to pciexpress
native hotplug .there is common register interface for pci e hotplug
first ,i will not change the source ,just add a module.

--
we who r about to die,salute u!