pkgdb problem [maybe good news]

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Tue Jun 7 02:24:45 GMT 2005

On Monday 06 June 2005 18:24,  the author Vizion contributed to the dialogue
on-
 Re: pkgdb problem:

>>Feed it to portinstall to reinstall all of the ports.
>
>Sounds like a long process and a sledge hammer to crack a nut - but I guess
> if one has no other tool a sledge hammer will have to do !!!
>
>David <sighs>
>
>BTW It looks as though I may have solved the eclipse-devel help bug - I have
>RC1 working now and am testing it to death.
Ok I have found an up to date copies of files elsewhere on the system - but
before I do anything I want to be certain of the structure of the package
database directories and files before I make any attempt to reconstruct the
pkgdb
Would you mind letting me have a print out of the directory structure.

I have what looks  files for each package containing - are they part of the
pkgdb
dns1# ls -l
total 18
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel     46 May 10 11:05 +COMMENT
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel    442 May 10 11:05 +CONTENTS
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel    270 May 10 11:05 +DESC
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  11209 May 10 11:05 +MTREE_DIRS

and a file:
pkgdb.db
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  23593984 May 30 20:43 pkgdb.db

Thank you so much for all your warmth and the generosity with which you share
your time
David
 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May/June bound for Europe via Panama
Canal.