PHP on freebsd ports not working

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Mon Jun 6 16:00:13 GMT 2005

Philip Wege wrote:

>Unable to get php to work through ports system:

<snip>

>I got a feeling im missing config lines that needs to be added to
>httpd.conf , can anyone help ?

You need "AddModule" in addition to "LoadModule"; and
the real crux of the issue is probably the lack of "AddType"
directives.  Maybe this will help?

==============================

# grep php /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf

LoadModule php5_module        libexec/apache/libphp5.so
AddModule mod_php5.c
    <IfModule mod_php3.c>
        <IfModule mod_php4.c>
            DirectoryIndex index.php index.php3 index.html
        <IfModule !mod_php4.c>
            DirectoryIndex index.php3 index.html
    <IfModule !mod_php3.c>
        <IfModule mod_php4.c>
            DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
        <IfModule !mod_php4.c>
    <IfModule mod_php3.c>
        AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3 .html
        AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .php3s
    <IfModule mod_php4.c>
        AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html .asp .php3
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html .asp