Performance

Dmitry Mityugov dmitry.mityugov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 10:27:42 GMT 2005

On 6/6/05, Michael Louie Loria wrote:
> I want to try setting up DNS, Email, SSH ... servers.
> For educational
> purposes only. I will also use it surfing the web,
> emails, word
> processing, programming, multimedia like playing audio
> cd's and mp3.
>
> 750Mhz
> 64MB RAM
> 20GB Hard disk
> 128Kbps DSL connection via Linksys router

I believe that with only 64MB RAM, you should avoid heavy-weight
window managers like KDE or Gnome. In addition, you'll probably need
to create a large swap partition, larger than the installation program
will suggest.

--
Dmitry

"We live less by imagination than despite it" - Rockwell Kent, "N by E"