New motherboard advice

dgmm freebsd01 at dgmm.net
Sun Jun 5 21:28:38 GMT 2005

On Friday 03 June 2005 00:17, dgmm wrote:
> Thanks for that confirmation.  The NIC is the least of the compatibility
> worries. Plenty of decent spares lying around :-)

Just an update.

I bought a Foxconn 661FXME based on SiS 661FX chipset.

Everything "just works" so far.

Sound works from snd_ich

Network is sis0

USB is detected but not tested yet.

On board graphics is not fully tested but running at 1024x768 24bit with the
Xorg sis driver.  No GL working (or it's just poor) but not thoroughly
checked/tested.  Grphics speed and/or GL is not of any real interest and
there's still and AGP slot to plug in something more "meaty" if required.

It's got a P4, 3.2GHz CPU and 512MB of DDR400 in it.  I still need to optimize
the kernel.

Should I be compiling SMP in for the hyperthreading thingummy?

--
Dave