Info about cdrecord and media

Steven Friedrich FreeBSD at InsightBB.com
Sun Jun 5 18:30:48 GMT 2005

I've continued trying to burn an iso image using cdrecord and have discovered
that it fails when I use high speed media (4x-12x) but it works when I use
standard media (1x-4x). Both media are Memorex and the drive is a
Toshiba SD-R5002.  I even tried to limit the speed to 4x on the high speed
media, but it still failed.  The record completes without posting any errors,
but when I try to mount it, I get mount_cd9660: /dev/acd0c: Input/output error
and an error on the console acd0: READ_BIG - MEDIUM ERROR asc=0x15 ascq=0x00
error=0x00
--
i386 FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE
There are 10 types of people in this world. Ones that understand binary and