jail on 5.4

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Sat Jun 4 06:13:19 GMT 2005

On Jun 3, 2005, at 9:56 PM, dave wrote:

> Hello,
>     Trying to set up a jail on 5.4-RELEASE. I've installed the
> 5_4_0_RELEASE
> source from cvsup and have successfully run:
> make buildworld DESTDIR=/usr/local/jails/jail1
> this runs successfully but when i do:
> cd /usr/src/etc
> make distribution DESTDIR=/usr/local/jails/jail1
> the process proceeds for a moment installing then it exits on the
> master.passwd file, error code 64, install complains about the
> wrong number
> of arguments. I've tried cvsupping to 5.stable, same results. Any
> suggestions welcome.

I don't have an answer but just a couple days ago I installed from
the ISO 5.4-RELEASE and then used cvsup RELENG_5_4.  I then made a
jail without problem just like you did above.  make distribution had
no problems and the jail works fine.  I did not actually use the
master.passwd file from the jail as I had a tarred up etc for my
jails but in doing the build it did not error out.  So maybe you want
to start from scratch and try again?

Chad