Sendmail (Deferred: Operation timed out...)

Nicholas Henry nicholas.henry at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 16:29:44 GMT 2005

FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE (GENERIC) #0: Fri Nov  5 04:19:18 UTC 2004

Hello folks:

I'm trying to use sendmail to run a mailing list (a legitimate one!)
from a home computer behind a Linksys router using a cable modem. When
sending messages out they are left in the mqueue directory. Examining
the contents for files I find this error:

Deferred: Operation timed out with mx3.megamailservers.com.

I am a newbie to FreeBSD/Unix, so if there is some more information I
can provide to help me please ask. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Nicholas