postgrey question

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Wed Jun 1 10:44:29 PDT 2005

On Jun 1, 2005, at 1:33 PM, Bill Moran wrote:

> Bart Silverstrim <bsilver at chrononomicon.com> wrote:
>> Are there instructions you know of for the installation to get
>> postgrey
>> to integrate with postfix from ports on FreeBSD?  (Huh?)
>>
>> Um...let's rephrase.  Is there a reference of what needs to be done
>> after running "make install" in the postgrey port directory to get
>> postfix to see it and use it, preferably without killing the working
>> amavisd?
>
> You'll need to put the following in /etc/rc.conf:
> postgrey_enable="YES"
> as specified by the port, and enter a line like:
> check_policy_service 172.0.0.1:10023
> in /usr/local/etc/postfix/main.cf (please check the Postgrey docs, I'm
> pulling
> this from memory and I'm not 100% sure it's exactly right).

That's where I was a little confused (kirk?  Insight, clarification?)
because I thought that line would have it pass the message to another
queue on port 10023 of the localhost, like the way Amavis runs.  I
didn't know if that meant it would be running three postfix queues now
or if it is just a misunderstanding on my part.