New ports in -RELEASE

Tim Hogan tim at hoganzoo.com
Wed Jun 1 15:33:07 GMT 2005

Ron,

I have run into a strange problem with ports and cvsup that you may be
running into.  For some unknown reason I can run a cvsup and it appears
that everything has run fine however I show that nothing needs to be
updated.  Now here is the kicker;  If I delete the ports directory (or
move it out of the way) and run the cvsup again, all of a sudden there
are ten or more ports that need updating.  This has happened more than
once.  I wish someone could explain that problem to me, especially since
I never remember that happening on the 4.11 release.

Tim