FreeBSD Active Directory Server

martin at orbweavers.co.uk martin at orbweavers.co.uk
Sat Jul 30 12:03:59 GMT 2005

Has anyone any experience trying to make FreeBSD an Active Directory
Server? From my research and experiementation, I am under the impression
that it is possible, but I have yet to come up with any articles where it
has actual been done fully.

At the minute I have samba and ldap setup, the active directory dns
entries in (_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.{domain}). I am getting an error message
when trying to join my XP client to the domain - I think it is to do with
the ldap server. Any clues or points in the right direction would be
helpful - I am getting the impression that this may be a big project, if
it is even achieveable.

Cheers,
Martin