Java 1.5.0 can't fine jre

Wayne M Barnes wayne at etaq.com
Fri Jul 29 15:30:50 GMT 2005

Dear FreeBSD,

    I have just installed the alpha version of jdk15.
I set JDK_HOME to /usr/local/jdk1.5.0 instead of /usr/local/jdk1.4.2,
and I also changed my path to include jdk1.5.0/bin.

    But when I try to invoke java or javac, I get the following errors:

wayne at -little-etaq:/home/wayne/classes>javac -d . ../src/Colorme.java
Error: could not find libjava.so
Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.

< note that my JDK_HOME is properly set: >

wayne at -little-etaq:/home/wayne/classes>echo $JDK_HOME
/usr/local/jdk1.5.0

    Is there a new name for JDK_HOME, or have I missed something
else?

    I can see a jre/ directory in /usr/local/jdk1.5.0 just fine.
Why can't java see it?

--
Wayne M Barnes
wayne at etaq.com    fax: (314) 754-9556