100Mbit network performance - again

Chris chrcoluk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 16:26:14 GMT 2005

I have diff experience, I get around 7500kB/sec max windows to windows
using realtek, and freebsd can get the same but uses less cpu in doing
so, I put it down to realtek just been poor and the FreeBSD and
windows drivers not been great, I have seen both windows and FreeBSD
handle higher transfer rates with better quality network cards, if
performance is essential for your network then invest in good
hardware.

Chris