KVM switch problem with mouse

Gary W. Swearingen garys at opusnet.com
Wed Jul 27 15:22:20 GMT 2005

"Ivan Carey" <icarey at bigpond.com> writes:

> I'm using FreeBSD 5.3
> I'm using a MC2050, MC2060 2 port auto kvm switch.
> My mouse does not work either at the console or in KDE, the keyboard is ok.
>
> Is there a command I need to place into the kernel to get the mouse driver
> to recognise the mouse via the KVM switch?

I'm using 3 ports of a four-port KVM (PS/2 mouse & kbd) and every
thing works normally (except maybe some occasional video noise)
without special OS configuration.  Glad I got it. FreeBSD 4.8 & 5.4.

As for your booting problem, it sounds like a hardware problem, but it
might be related to power management.  I suspect that if the MB
returns to a bootup screen, and then hangs, then it is a MB problem.
Maybe one that can be avoided by disable APM/ACPI in the OS, if you
want it to auto-reboot without hanging.