Xorg 6.8.2 Big Problems....

perikillo perikillo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 19:08:06 GMT 2005

On 7/12/05, perikillo <perikillo at gmail.com> wrote:
> >On 7/12/05, Bernhard Fischer <bernhard.fischer at fh-stpoelten.ac.at> wrote:
> > Hy Perikillo!
> >
> > I still have the same problem, and also no solution.
> > One time I thought I had one, but I was mistaken :-(((
> >
> > Regards,
> > bh
> >

>    Hi Fischer, i test with 5-stable and the same problem, right now
> iam goint to continue with 5.2.1, this one like i say before, really
> works for me and my keyboard, i already test with. Give a try Fischer.
>
>    I only test 5.4-Release to see the X system, i have running 4.11
> without any problems, but i want to test the 5 stuff.
>
>    But let see what happend, any information about i let you know
> Fischer see you.

   About this problem, yesterday a buy one new keyboard Genius with a
lot of keys on it,  i think 24, i really dont remember, but the case
is that i install again xorg 6.8.2 on a fresh new 5.4 release install,
without any buildworld or kernel, i think thats not really important
to test my X system.

   The think is that i let my system instaling xorg from ports,  on my
P2, and this morning went i wake up and the installation finish with
any errors. Them i setup my X system following the Handbook and went i
run the server...

   My keyboard was working with the Xterm, i am really happy, i dont
make to much test on it, because i have to work, but i dont see any
problems, all my keys where display on the X system, today after work,
i will install some Windows Manager and make the last test, if
everything goes great, i will make the buildworld process.

   Fisher after some weeks, i see light, maybe was my standard
   104 keyboard that dosent comunicate very well with the new driver
kbd on xorg 6.8.2, because i was running xorg < 6.8.2 on freebsd
5.2.1, but the problem here is that this release is not good, a lot of
ports are broken, this way i invest on one new kbd and try this way,
and is working.

  Hope, you already have working xorg 6.8.2.

  Thanks.