Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse 1.0 not work?

dmwassman at cox.net dmwassman at cox.net
Tue Jul 26 17:53:32 GMT 2005

Hello all,

I have googled to no avail. I have a Microsoft Wireless USB Intellimouse 1.0. I would like to use it on my FreeBSD 5.4 system. It recognizes the mouse but I can't get it to work. I have read that some people can get it to work, that there is a patch I need to apply to the kernel to get it to work, that the first byte sent by the mouse is unknown and that the usm driver is expecting a directional bit. Does anyone know if I can use this mouse with FreeBSD? Is anyone using this mouse with FreeBSD? And if so, how did you get it to work?

I have tried so far loading the intellimouse driver in sysinstall to no avail ( as I expected as it is used for a serial port mouse and moused will not load with nothing in the ps/2 port).

Thanks in advanced
David