mplayer broke FreeBSD console

Eugene M. Minkovskii emin at mccme.ru
Tue Jul 26 15:36:11 GMT 2005

Hello.

I'm using mplayer to play audio mp3 files in console WITHOUT X.
Console is in VESA_132x50 mode.

My mplayer broke console. It seems like symbol \r does not catch
properly. But in Rxvt or Xterm all correct. So, I forced to use
-quiet option when I use mplayer in console.

Versions:
MPlayer 1.0pre7-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel Celeron 2/Pentium III Coppermine,Geyserville (Family: 6, Stepping: 6)
Detected cache-line size is 32 bytes
CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
complied for i386 CPU with extensions MMX MMX2 SSE

FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p1

FreeBSD kernel:
device sc
options SC_HISTORY_SIZE=1000