[OT Re: SPAM Problem]

Igor Robul igorr at speechpro.com
Tue Jul 26 06:14:44 GMT 2005

Greg Maruszeczka wrote:

>It's probably "blowback" resulting from the activities of worm-infected
>windows hosts. Someone you correspond with got infected and the worm
>subsequently propagated itself by picking your name from their address
>book and inserting it into the from: header of the message carrying the
>worm. Then, badly configured MTAs send "helpful" NDRs to the "sender"
>informing them that they're messages couldn't be delivered
>
>Pretty routine, really.

In 2005.01 we have got 48605 bounce messages (instead of 4-10, our
clients prefer to call phone) to our
 help desk email and I was _forced_ to close this address with
semi-helpful message after "RCPT TO:" command about new address.
Now I reopened address and we get "normal" number of spam messages at it.