Problem report rejected

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Mon Jul 25 20:53:54 GMT 2005

On Monday 25 July 2005 19:22, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
> jackqq <jackqqpro at gmail.com> writes:
> > <<< 450 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [60.26.7.157]
> > <FreeBSD-gnats-submit at freebsd.org>... Deferred: 450 Client host
> > rejected: cannot find your hostname, [60.26.7.157]

> > I'm an ADSL subscriber, and I have dynamic IP addresses, and my ISP
>
> I am too, and saw as similar msg when first got going after installing
> a new OS version.  A change in the sendmail config was needed.  IIRC,
> all you need to do is do the "make" stuff in /etc/mail after removing
> "dnl " and fixing 2nd arg in this line of the appropriate ".mc" file:
>
> dnl define(`SMART_HOST', `your.isp.mail.server')

I even had to mutilate the .cf to get it to work (not only do I need to use my
cable provider's smtp server but I'm also behind a nat so reverse dns was
also a problem). After making world it had to be restored.

> > SMTP on my machine currently, and I enable sendmail only for
> > convenience for applications like send-pr.
>
> Last time I tried send-pr (years ago) it wouldn't work with my
> sendmail config and I've been using regular mail (from a PR template
> based on output of "send-pr -P") ever since.

Been there done that. And then it turned out that KMail (to be exact: the qt
textedit widget IIRC) handle[s][d] tabs wrongly resulting in a PR with an
incorrect Makefile... the fun never ends. The web form is not tab safe
either, last time I tried (most certainly the same cause).

I've found a resonable solution for this in the ssmtp port. The only thing is
that I get my system mail relayed through my cable provider (From: "Root"
<danny at ricin.com>) and landing in my POP account, at a hosting provider where
I have my domain and email. I haven't bothered to find a solution for this
yet. I kinda learnt to like it.

There are always workarounds, but really such hurdles just shouldn't be there.

OP:
> > I had a carbon copy of the PR message sent to, and received by, my
> > mailbox at GMail. May I, if fortunately enough, forward my copy at
> > GMail to freebsd.org to submit the problem report?

You can simply forward or resend it to gnats (the original wont ever be
accepted), though you may need to attach your diff or shar as an attachment
(plain text or uuencoded are both accepted AFAIK).

And have a go at ssmtp, set mailwrapper accordingly.

HTH,

Dan