Reverting Ports 5.4 -> 5.3

Gary W. Swearingen garys at opusnet.com
Sun Jul 24 15:03:35 GMT 2005

Robert Slade <bsd at bathnetworks.com> writes:

> As I do not have the expertise to fix this and I would rather have a
> working system, I would like to role back to 5.3 as this worked. I
> assume that if I did a CVSup with TAG=5.3 this should get me back to
> 5.3_stable. I am not convinced though. Is this correct?

AFAIK, the only 5 thing called "stable" is 5-STABLE = RELENG_5, which,
of course, is not stable; for that reason, you might try getting and
trying it again -- you might have grabbed it at a bad moment, like
between updates.

And I'm not aware of a "5.3" tag other than "RELENG_5_3" (the latest
bug-fix release) and RELENG_5_3_0_RELEASE (the original release).

As for the ports, I doubt that you need to do anything, but it sounds
from /usr/ports/sysutils/portdowngrade/pkg-descr that there's a way
to revert ports as needed.